How to increase your learning ability?
Most of us would have heard the saying “Blessing in disguise”. Due to the current coronavirus outbreak, almost everyone is at rest. Let’s use this time period to gain one or two lifetime hacks which will not only increase your learning ability but also put you ahead in the rat race.
The importance of learning cannot be underestimated. Learning empowers us to fulfil our ideas and realize our full potential. The speed of gaining new knowledge is practically as important as its volume. Who wouldn’t love to remember tons of information as quickly as possible? If you want to start learning faster, you need a new approach towards the process which would enable you to comprehend the essence of the matter and relate it with new concepts you encounter.
Based on various studies here are 6 steps to increase the learning ability:
- First and foremost things is to create a conducive environment for studies. If you want to increase your efficiency then you need to have an uninterrupted session.
- Switch off your mobile or put on it on Silent mode
- Make a schedule and stick to it.
- Without discipline, you won’t be able to achieve big things. When you follow the schedule, your subconscious mind is trained to act accordingly. Knowingly on knowingly it increases your efficiency
- Try to mix audio, video, notes, etc while reading to make it interesting and long-lasting
- When you make small notes on topics, your mind processes the read information and gives the summarized output. In this process, your memory gets hold of the concept and important data.
- Similarly, when you use multiple modes, it reconciles
- Take help of Mindmaps, mnemonics while memorizing important data
- Such vast syllabus can’t be memorized in a solo manner. You have to use these to improve the efficiency
- Study on a daily basis at the same time
- Most of us get the nature call within minutes of waking up. How does the mind know about it? Because we have been doing it every day at the same time from our childhood days. Similarly, if you keep on doing the same thing at the same time, the mind is eventually trained to respond in the desired manner at that time automatically, in turn increasing your efficiency
- Have a little discussion on topics with like-minded people.
- Remember your last fight with your love partner, don’t you? Yes. When you discuss things loud it sticks to mind. Then why don’t you use this while learning. Discuss those difficult topics with friends and let mind remember good things rather than storing pity “finger pointing”
If you are like many students, your time is limited so it is important to get the most educational value out of the time you have available. Speed of learning is not the only important factor, however. Students need to be able to accurately remember the information they learn, recall it at a later time, and utilize it effectively in a wide variety of situations.
Read More about: