UPPSC PCS Prelims Syllabus 2023 (Latest Pattern)
UPPCS PCS Prelims Syllabus 2023 (Latest Pattern)
UPPCS PCS Prelims Syllabus 2023 and UP PCS Prelims Paper Pattern is given below. First, we will explain the UPPSC paper pattern then UPPSC / UPPCS / PCS Prelims syllabus 2023 will be specified.
Given UPPSC / UPPCS / PCS prelims syllabus and UPPCS Paper pattern are based on the latest update by Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission, Prayagraj.
UPPCS PCS Prelims Syllabus 2023 Latest Pattern:
The UPPCS competitive examination comprises three stages:
(1) Prelims Examination (Objective Multiple choice)
(2) Main Examination (Written)
(3) Interview (Oral)
UPPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2023
UPPCS / PCS Pre Paper syllabus 2023 consists of two papers: Both exams are of a two-hour duration
- Paper 1: General Studies (200 marks/150 Questions)
- Paper 2: CSAT(200 marks/100 Questions)
Note: Paper 2 (CSAT) is a qualifying paper in UPPCS/ PCS Pre paper; in which the candidates must obtain a minimum of 33% marks. However, the selection from the UPPCS / PCS Pre paper stage will be done on the basis of marks obtained in Paper 1
The UP PCS exam pattern for UPPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023 is given in the table below:
|Name of Exam||Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission: UPPSC / UPPCS / PCS Prelims 2023
|Number of Papers||1. Paper 1 – General Studies I
1. Paper 2 – General Studies II (CSAT)
|UPPSC Exam Date||May 14th, 2023|
|Duration of Exam||2 hour each;
Both papers conducted on the same day;
|Number of Questions||Paper-I: 150 questions
Paper-II: 100 questions
|Type of Exam||Offline (Pen-paper)|
|Nature of Questions||All questions will be of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Maximum Marks||Both Papers will be of 200 marks each.
1. Paper 1 will be considered for merit ranking
2. Paper 2 is a qualifying paper on the lines of Prelims (33% qualifying criteria)
|Negative Marking||• As per the new UPPSC exam pattern, there will be 0.33% negative marking for every incorrect answer.
• For example, if the maximum marks allotted for a question is 2, then answering it incorrectly would incur a penalty of 0.66 marks
• Filling multiple circles on the OMR sheet for the same question would be treated as an incorrect answer.
• There is no negative marking for leaving a question blank.
|How to Calculate Final score:||Marks for correct question= 1.33
And for wrong questions= 1/3 negative marking is followed.
So, marks deducted for each wrong answer is 0.44
UPPCS PCS Pre Syllabus of Paper 1: General Studies
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity & Governance -Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science
UPPCS PCS Prelims Syllabus 2023 of Paper 2: CSAT
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Elementary Mathematics up to Class X level
- General English up to Class X level
- General Hindi up to Class X level.
Given UPPSC / UPPCS / PCS prelims syllabus and UPPCS Paper pattern are based on the latest update by UPPSC.
- 25 GS Mock Papers ( 10 Sectional + 10 full length + 4 Current Affairs ): 3000 MCQs
- One CSAT Full Length Mock Paper
- 12 month’s current affairs coverage via 500 MCQs & PDF Notes
- Uttar Pradesh special G.K Notes covering entire UPPCS syllabus
- One to one personal guidance throughout the course on one to one basis.
- ONLINE UPPCS / UPPSC Prelims Test Series 2023 is available in हिन्दी & English language
- Call us now@ 7390023092 for registration!!!
Prelims Schedule: Refer Below Image:
Mains Schedule: Refer Below Image:
Ongoing- Guidance cum Test Series Programs
Monthly Current Affairs Program:
UPPCS Prelims 2023:
UPPCS Mains 2022 – 2023: